About the Journal
Gamification and Augmented Reality is an interdisciplinary journal that serves as a platform for research and exploration in the fields of Human-Computer Interaction, Modeling and Simulation, Graphics and Computer-Aided Design and Artificial Intelligence. The journal's primary aim is to advance fundamental and applied research in these domains, with a particular focus on enhancing our understanding of the principles, applications, and societal impacts of gamification, simulation, and augmented reality technologies.
The journal Gamification, Simulation, and Augmented Reality welcomes original research papers, reviews, and diverse contributions that delve into a wide spectrum of topics related to gamification, simulation, and augmented reality. Our scope encompasses but is not limited to the following areas:
- Gamification Strategies: Research on the design, implementation, and evaluation of gamification techniques across various domains, including education, healthcare, marketing, and more.
- Augmented Reality Technologies: Exploration of augmented reality technologies, such as AR hardware and software, AR content creation, and immersive experiences.
- Simulation Methods: Investigation into simulation methodologies, including modeling, simulation software, and virtual environments for training and experimentation.
- User Interaction: Examination of the user experience, cognitive aspects, and emotional engagement in gamified, simulated, and augmented reality environments.
- Applications in Diverse Fields: Studies showcasing the practical applications of gamification, simulation, and augmented reality in fields such as entertainment, training, healthcare, and business.
- Ethical and Societal Implications: Discussions on the ethical considerations, privacy concerns, and societal impacts of integrating these technologies into our daily lives.
- Human-Computer Interaction: Research at the intersection of gamification, simulation, augmented reality, and human-computer interaction, focusing on user interfaces, usability, and user-centered design.
- Innovations in Game Design: Exploration of innovative game design principles, including narrative-driven experiences, mechanics, and player engagement strategies.
- Technological Advances: Insights into the latest advancements in technologies supporting gamification, simulation, and augmented reality, including AI, real-time graphics, and interactive systems.
- Education and Training: Research on the use of gamification, simulation, and augmented reality in educational settings and professional training programs.
Visibility and Open Access:
The journal follows an open access model, which maximizes the visibility of published articles.
Frequency of publication:
The journal follows a continuous publication model, where articles after acceptance are typeset and published in a single volume per year. Therefore, the call for submissions is permanently open.
Speed of publication:
The journal manages the following times of the editorial process: 5 days for the first response from the section editor or pass to peer review; 30 to 45 days responses from the editor on the observations of peer reviewers; 5 to 7 days in layout, metadata uploading and publication on the journal's site.
The editorial team combines rigorous peer review with the efficient timing of the editorial process, which is done exclusively in electronic format.
Promotion and dissemination strategy:
The journal develops a strategy to promote and position published articles on social networks and web platforms, which contributes to increase exposure and access to the articles.